The Directory of Literary Agents
7 Insider Secrets to Get a Top Agent, Publisher, and Book Deal
Press the play button below to listen.
Click here to view and/or download a free PDF transcript
of this audio program
* * *
Literary Agent Directory
Important: Visit each agent’s website (links in their listings below) to see if they’re open to submissions before querying.
Carole Jelen is a literary agent with Waterside Productions, Inc. Book and online training agent for technology and business. Premier publishing agent for over two decades, author of the top-selling book for authors, Creating Your Author Platform: The New Rules. Carole secures 100+ publishing contracts per year, represents millions in author/client revenues and books sold. As former publishing executive and editor, Carole is designated as a “Career Builder” Literary Agent…
• Premiere publishing agent representing bestselling authors, creating and growing author publishing relationships
• Acquiring/promoting in top-selling specialty areas of technology, business and self-help arenas.
• Profile presence in media
• “Career Builder” Literary Agent designation
• Representing millions of copies in print.
• Senior Editor, Addison-Wesley Publishing
• Acquisitions Editor, Sybex Publishing, division of Wiley
• Publishing Representative, Prentice-Hall Publishing
• Publishing consultant to IBM, Apple, Adobe, Sybase, Novell and more
As Vice President/Literary agent, seeking out, creating, and managing author/publisher relationships as well as application of new ideas to online courses and apps. Publishing management in creating and negotiating contracts, advances, royalties as well as managing electronic and global rights within all computer-related and business arenas.
Success in over two decades of creating top publications, moving cutting edge concepts to print, and as collaborative content provider to corporate/college book and training series, networking 2,000+ authors to companies seeking writing and training experts and reviewers. Speaker at writing and publishing conferences.
Literary agent, editorial, content provider, author, corporate consultant to book and online publishing. Connecting authors to publishers in all top series such as the branded “For Dummies” line. Building author careers with single titles and full series lines.
• University of California, Berkeley, MA
University of California, Los Angeles, BA
This literary agent represents:
NONFICTION: Business * Self-Help/Personal Development * Technology *
Submit a Question or Comment
If you have a question or comment, click on the red button below and you’ll be able to post it. You’ll also be able to see answers to the questions I’m asked most.